Description: The needle valve is an adjustable orifice, which can be used to control flow rates, mini-cylinders, nozzles, timing circuits, filling heads, bleed vents, and in many other applications. The adjusted flow remains stable even during temperature fluctuations as the needle and valve seat are both manufactured from stainless steel.
Working Pressure Range: The NV is rated for a maximum inlet pressure of 500 psig. The metal to metal seal provides positive shut-off down to 25 in Hg.
- Standard Needle: 0” to 0.032” (0-0.8mm). About 0-1 SCFM air flow at 50psig.
- High Resolution Needle: 0″ to 0.032″ (0-0.8mm). About 0-1 SCFM air flow at 50 psig. This configuration is especially well suited for control of low flow rates.
- High Flow Needle: 0” – 0.059” (0-1.5mm). About 0-3 SCFM air flow at 50psig.
Adjustment: All versions come equipped with a 2-56 threaded adjustment screw.
- About 2.25 revolutions of the adjustment screw from fully opened to fully closed with standard needle specified.
- About 8.25 revolutions of the adjustment screw from fully opened to fully closed with high resolution needle specified.
- About 3.25 revolutions of the adjustment screw from fully opened to fully closed with high flow needle specified.
Approximate Weight: 10g in brass and 303 stainless. Weight will vary slightly, depending on configuration.
Porting: 10-32 external threaded inlet port. Many outlet configurations available. The valve body (elbow or tee) swivels 360 degrees to facilitate installation and orientation.