To protect your privacy, Beswick Engineering follows policies in accordance with worldwide practices, including General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), for customer privacy and data protection.
POLICY 1 – NOTICE
We will ask you when we need information that personally identifies you (personal information) or allows us to contact you. Generally this information is requested when you place an order, provide payment information, request price and delivery, request technical assistance, participate in a webchat, create a Beswick website registration account, download a free copy of our catalog, download CAD models, request a printed catalog, request e-mail notifications/newsletters or have an Applications Engineer contact you. We use your Personal Information for five primary purposes:
- To provide pricing, delivery, technical information, process orders, and process payments for shipments.
- To help you quickly find products, services, or information from Beswick Engineering.
- To help us create content most relevant to you.
- To alert you to product availability, special offers, updated information and other new services from Beswick.
- To use in our internal market analysis
POLICY 2 – LEGITIMATE INTERESTS
Why we need your information: As a component of our legitimate interest in providing information, transaction support, providing price and delivery, processing orders, providing technical support, shipping products to you, processing payments for shipments, and also for marketing purposes we need to know your personal information to inform you of our future offers and similar products.
Beswick Engineering does not distribute or sell information to third parties. In rare cases, a third party might see your personal information in the performance of their legitimate job function such as in the development and/or maintenance of a Beswick website, a Beswick database, or Beswick order processing and accounting software.
POLICY 3 – ACCESS
We will provide you with the means to ensure that your contact information is correct and current. Contact information includes but is not limited to those items used to identify or contact you such as name, address, title, phone, fax, and e-mail address. You may review and update this information at any time by contacting Beswick Engineering.
Your rights: Under the privacy legislation you have various rights as described below.
- Access: You have the right of access to your personal data. You will receive an overview of your personal data within a month of the date on which we receive your request for access.
- Correction: If the data we have concerning you is incorrect, we will correct it.
- Erasure: You can submit a request to have your personal data erased. The data can be removed only if it is incorrect or no longer relevant.
- Restriction: If you believe that Beswick is processing your personal data unlawfully or incorrectly, you may restrict this processing.
- Objection: You may object to the processing of your personal data on the grounds of special personal circumstances. In the event of an objection to direct marketing, we will terminate the processing as quickly as possible.
- Portability: You may request transmission of your personal data where the processing is based on consent or a written agreement with Beswick.
POLICY 4 – SECURITY
Beswick Engineering has taken measures to protect the security of your personal information and to ensure that your choices for its intended use are honored. We take precautions to protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction. For example, we utilize secure socket layer (SSL) technology. However no method of transmission over the internet and no method of electronic storage is 100 percent secure. Therefore it is impossible for any company, including Beswick, to guarantee absolute security.
Credit card information sent to Beswick via the Beswick website is transferred and transmitted via secure server software that provides industry standard encryption. Beswick recommends that you do NOT provide credit card information to us via standard e-mail. Standard e-mail is not encrypted and therefore it is risky to provide credit card and other personal information to Beswick via standard e-mail.
POLICY 5 – ENFORCEMENT
POLICY 6 – DATA RETENTION
POLICY 7- CHILDREN
Beswick is a professional business-to-business type company. We do not attempt to collect or knowingly collect information from children (a natural person under 16 years of age). We do not promote our products and services to children.
POLICY 8 – COOKIES
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies are files sent by web servers to web browsers, and stored by the web browsers. Cookies store information that is used to help make websites work well for you. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables a web server to identify and track web browsers.
You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
There are two main kinds of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your browser, whereas persistent cookies remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach their expiration date.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in and use of your shopping cart. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalized features possible.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and service. For example, these cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors navigate our website. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for quickly and easily.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using privacy enhancement software.
Beswick Engineering Co., Inc.
284 Ocean Road Greenland, NH 03840-2442 USA
Last Updated: 7/16/2018