Description: The PV series miniature pinch valve is designed to control fluid when it is advantageous to avoid fluid contact with mechanical components and elastomeric seals. This valve is designed for use with silicone tubing that is often used in medical applications. Pinch valves achieve fluid control by clamping down on the outside diameter of the tubing in order to limit or stop flow. The PV has a port for pneumatic actuation as well as a manual knurled knob for extra flexibility.
- Valve Burst Pressure: 5,000 psig
The valve itself will fail with an actuation pressure of 5,000 psig, however it is strongly recommended that you use an actuation pressure that doesn’t exceed the burst pressure of the tubing you are using in your application. This will most often be much lower than the burst pressure of the valve itself.
- Actuation pressure of 1/8″ O.D. silicone tubing* @0 psig pressure: 12 psig
- Actuation pressure of 1/8″ O.D. silicone tubing* @20 psig pressure: 14 psig
- Actuation pressure of 1/4″ O.D. silicone tubing* @0 psig pressure: 19 psig
- Actuation pressure of 1/4″ O.D. silicone tubing* @20 psig pressure: 20 psig
*Please Note: Actuation pressures given are approximate and based on common grade silicone tubing. Actuation pressures may vary based on tubing durometer.
Materials: 303 stainless steel
- PV-18-10: 59.2g in 303 stainless steel
- PV-14-10: 63.6g in 303 stainless steel
- The PV-18-10 and PV-14-10 each use a 10-32 female threaded actuation port.